1. Sitemap. Changed the structure of the sitemap to better represent the main goal of the website. User research on the current website revealed that the ‘wiki’ section was causing confusion due to its complex language and unnecessary technical details about the car. It primarily catered to a niche audience and didn’t align with the organization’s goal of welcoming all university students. Additionally, the ‘wiki’ pages were placed higher in the hierarchy than the ‘Join Us’ page, implying higher importance. This discouraged potential new members from joining. To address these issues, the ‘wiki’ section from the site map was removed and the pages were reorganized based on their relevance and importance to improve the overall user experience and encourage new members to join.
2. Changes in UI elements, fonts & colors. Made the colors more accessible with better contrast. Added different «On-Hover» elements to make it clear that some icons are links.
3. Icons. Some icons were changed to represent the function of the click better. For example, changed the “+” icon to an “Expand” icon on images. Social media links were also implemented in different pages for ease of contact.
4. Language. Made a «language»-changer when it came to those pages where it might be useful having the option of changing to the team’s native language. This included the «Join Us» page as well as the «FAQ» page.
5. Buttons. Added buttons to indicate where to clearly find useful links for the organization. This makes for easier navigation and elevates ease-of-use.